- We aspire to provide an experience of creative and spiritual growth.
- We endevour to create a space of openess, tolerance and freedom in a context of support and sharing.
- We aim to provide a sutainable experience in which all involved can benefit.
- We rufuse to continue the global trend of profiteering at the expense of others and thus we are adamantly fair trade.
- We open our arms to people of all ages, cultural backgrounds and belief systems.
Gumercindo is the Shaman who leads the Ayahuasca ceremonies on our retreats.
Gumercindo comes from a long line of traditional shamans of the Ucayali River in the Peruvian Amazon. ‘Gume’ carries a wonderful energy and conducts a powerful ceremony carried out in the traditional way as of his ancestors.
Gume has devoted his life to healing through the ancient knowledge and shamanic rituals of the Amazon. He comes from the lineage of ‘Paleros’ which means he has dieted intensely many strong tree medicines. He drank Ayahuasca for the first time when he was 12 years of age and has been carried out his apprenticeship with his father, mother and grandfather for 15 years. His knowledge of natural Amazonic plant remedies is extremely vast. When he is not in the Sacred Valley he resides with his family on his land located on a tributary of the Ucayali River. Gume is well travelled having working in many parts of Peru and has even visited India to attend a shamanic conference in 2010.
During his ceremony he sings icaros (healing songs) accompanied by his Shacapa and carries out individual healing work.
We are very lucky to work with Gumercindo, a shaman of great integrity with an unwavering energy of love and light.